Monday, January 18, 2010

Intro to my Blog


Hey there! This is my first experience blogging and I'm just getting set up. Bear with me ya'll!! I'm a married mother of two children. I'm an attorney during the day, and when I get home, it's all about being Mommy...that and my quilting addiction!! My latest craze is working on a quilt that contains 225 distinct blocks. There are many out there...the original was created during the civil war by a woman named Jane Stickle. My plan is to post as much as possible about what I do, how I got there, and photos of my finished work. I'll post other pics along the way...seeing how my life goes! To the right are 4 of my completed blocks. I am using fabrics that are in the red/coral/brown/turquoise colorway, and also using only "modern" fabrics. That is, no Civil War fabrics or other old fashioned ones. My quilt in progress is called "Modern Jane."

1 comment: